Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buy this Arizona wine....

It's fun, it's flavorful. It would go with the traditional red dishes as well as a nice bottle to share with a friend. Yes, it's a stand alone.

The back label describes notes of cocoa, plums and berries. I would agree and also add a bit of spice, but not overwhelming. The finish lingers gently and ends with a soft berry note.

I liked it very much. It's a great buy for $14.00. I will definitely buy this one again. This would also be nice to give as a gift.

I make it a point to bring something when Im lucky enough to be invited to someone's house for dinner. This would a good bottle to bring and I think it would be well received.

I purchased this wine in Bowie at the Chiricahua Cellars wine store. My brother and I stopped by this small town on our way back to Tucson. This town, was my little hometown of San Simon's rival. I actually lived there for about a year while I was in second grade.

Anyway, the representative at the store was actually a girl that was in my brother's grade in school. I knew her too. To her credit, she hadn't changed much at all in the last 30 years. Anyway, when she told me this wine was produced in Deming New Mexico, I thought...ohhh, yeah about that. I don't really care for New Mexico wines. They tend to be a bit too sweet for me. But then, I tasted and I thought... Wow! This is not bad...this is actually pretty good!!

So there you have it. It's a good buy. A pretty label. And one to buy again.

Im still wanting to find a cava from Spain.

Until then...Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment