Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Firesteed Pinot Noir




Yes, it is Valentine's Day and sadly, I am alone on one side of the United States and my hubby is alone on the opposite side.

Even though we bicker like school girls - we have been married over 26 years and find it a bit difficult to be apart on a day such as today.

So in the spirit of true love we decided to skype a nice romantic dinner and share a glass or two of wine. He had tacos and a magnificent 7 Deadly Zins wine which I have blogged on before. It's one worth trying if haven't already.

I had a very mild, light, gentle tasting Pinot Noir called Firesteed. As you can see by the picture, it is a very light wine. Thats one of the reasons I picked it acutally. I have to get up in the morning at 0:dark thirty, and I didn't want to feel the heaviness of too much heavy wine, so I thought this light one might a good pick.

This particular wine is probably the lightest Pinot Noir I've ever had. It borders on almost a Rose.

The flavor is descent - definite berry notes, a little bit metalic, and a long finish for such a light wine.

The lable is sort of "cavemanish" with the horse symbol. The back label indicates this is a medium bodied wine. Uh...I don't think so, but thanks for playing.

It's a 2009 Oregon state wine that I purchased at Safeway on sale for $12.24, regular price $17.50. I just have to add at this point that Arizona Safeway's have a faboulous selection of wines. I literally had dozens of Pinot Noirs to chose from.

So....would I buy it again....maybe....maybe not. The wine is not impressive. It's too light to leave a strong impression. It is easy to drink because it's so light. But it didn't make me go "mmmmmmmmm, that was really good".

Now that I'm back in the wine saddle. I'm thinking I need to stop fiddling around and get that Spanish cava I've been dreaming about.

Next week, that is my goal. I will find one. Until then...Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment