Tuesday, May 1, 2012




I have to say. This website I blog on has changed their format and I totally hate it. It's not as user friendly as before.

I personally enjoy using paragraphs and spacing and only this moment figured out how. My last blog was one long rambling blob of sentences.

Now, on to the wine.... This particular 2009 Pinot Noir hails from Buellton, California. Evidently this was once a huge ranching area, but now houses vineyards and wineries.

The back label has some interesting descriptive verbiage - earthy, newly picked raspberry, ripe strawberries, and locally grown mushrooms. Hmmmm.....I don't think I love this one. I noticed when I poured it into the glass, there a rusty hue. I thought to myself, I'll bet it's a bit earthy. I guess it only makes sense considering that it was a ranching area - which means cows - which means manure - which means earthy wine.

This wine craves food and would probably go well with the typical red wine dishes. Something very flavorful or spicy would likely help this Pinot Noir out a bit. I had it with a pretzel. My evening meal has long since passed and I wanted to blog on this before bed.

So, the $11.99 I spent at Fry's grocery store wasn't a complete waste. While I was there I also bought a quilt. There's nothing you can't buy at Fry's in Casa Grande Arizona.

On that happy note, I will bid adieu. I think I need to blog on a white wine next week. I'll try to buy one this week before I forget. Until then....Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment