Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Middle sister

As predicted, this pales in comparison to last week's blog. I've had a full glass and I can't decide if I like it or not. I really liked the label. It's cute and fun. When I initially removed the cork from the bottle, it (the cork) seemed very spongy. Obviously, it was a rubber cork, but after a few chomps I deduced it was ok. It's a Santa Rosa, California blend of Zinfandel, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. The last sentence on the back of the bottle reads "Now give me back my blouse". Now, that statement could be the cap on a variety of different entertaining stories. In this case, it's referring to sibling girls. Finally, to the wine. It's not bad. It has a nice bouquet with a bit of tobacco, and dark fruit. The taste is similar to the bouquet (which doesn't always happen). The only thing that turned me a little sideways was the finish - it ends a little rough and a bit metallic, but also had sort of a sweet note. I served it with a broccoli coleslaw salad, brussel sprouts and a top sirloin. It seemed like the wine tasted better while I was eating than after, but to be honest - I'm not sure. This wine is not bad, but it's not good. I would drink it again if it were offered, but don't know that I will buy it again. It would probably make a good sangria because of the sweet thing I mentioned. That's all I got. Until next week.....Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I also drank this wine, purchased and shared by my middle sister. I agree, would make a good Sangria base.

    ReplyDelete