Thursday, December 8, 2011

Check out the FLASQ....not


As usual life got in the way of my plans to get a Greek or Spanish sparkling wine or cava. I never made it to Total Wine to purchase anything.

So, after sushi night at our favorite sushi restaurant Otani (a tradition we have with several friends), I had to run to the drugstore to pick up my daughter's dog's phenobarbital prescription (he is epileptic) and I decided to grab a wine to blog on tonight.

This FLASQ looked really cool dressed in stainless steel - all modern and nuveau. Well, the taste is rather harsh. My daughter described it as a euro college wine. As if they tried to make the bottle look sleek and metallic, but instead they sacrificed the taste of the wine. She further described it as grainy and dehydrated.

It's very inky and deep colored. The back label describes ripe berries with a hint of spice. Well, there's a bit more than a hint, and even the bouquet has a metallic smell.

All in all a must have if your already drunk and want to drink more.

I love the look of it, but the taste of it doesn't appeal to me. I hate to say it because I think it's alcohol abuse, but I'm thinking I might pour it down the drain.

Boo hiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment