Thursday, December 15, 2011

Radius......smoooooth


As usual, my well thought out plans didn't cooperative with my hectic life. Therefore, I still have not found a Spanish cava. But it's on my list to do before the end of the month.

But, I did go rumaging through my wine rack and found this very nice bottle of Radius. It"s a 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon from Walla Walla, Washington. This is still yet another Washington state wine that is quite nice. If your taste buds haven't ventured into Washington state, well it's time they take a trip. It's not Napa valley, but it comes close.

The back label boasts of currant, black cherry and red jam fruit. Serving recommendations are red meats, game, sharp cheese and dark chocolate. Well, I actually took note and served it with a beef roast, broccoli and a spring mix salad. It was very nice. Nice bouquet, definitely dark fruits, no pepper or spice - lots of flavor initially on the palate that smoothly and slowly finishes. As a matter of fact, as I type Im nibbling on dark chocolate and sipping the vino. My oh my, this is good.

My hubby bought this at Total Wine. He vaguely recalls that he spent $22 for this bottle. I don't really trust his memory with this type of stuff, but I'm at his mercy as I don't have the energy to research it tonight.

So, all that being said. If your looking for a nice bottle as a gift or something nice to take over to a friends for supper. This is a good one.

On that happy note. Stay tuned for some Arizona wines - I will be relocating to that beautiful state in the very near future and look forward to doing some tastings. Until then...Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment