Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Did someone say Naked????

Sorry no pictures available for tonights selection.

It's called Simply Naked. It's a 2010 Caifornia "unoaked" Cabernet Sauvignon. What does that mean exactly? Well, it means the wine is not aged in oak. Actually, this wine is not aged at all except for the time it sits on a shelf. The winemaker chose to produce the wine this way with the theory that the wine would taste crisp and fruity. The back label boasts of an explosion of plum and black cherry. I checked out the website for more tasting notes and it also adds cinnamon spice with chewy tannins. I have to say chewy tannins is not something that sounds appealing.

The serving recommendations are the typical red meat, tomotoe pasta or hard cheese. I served it with a green chile beef burrito.

The wine is actually....ok. It's not that bad, it's not that good, but the price is very reasonable - my hubby bought it at Walmart for under $12.00. It does taste like a new wine, which makes sense since it's not aged. My hubby and daughter didn't care for it. They described it as rough. I didn't think it was too bad, a little tart for my taste, but maybe if I actually served it with the proper recommendation, it would improve. As I've blogged about before, some wines crave food, I think this one does.

I'm too tired to put much more thought into this one.

I'm still looking forward to a Spanish cava. One day....

Until then, Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment