Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Boro Hills Pinot Noir



I bought this wine at Fresh and Easy for $8.99. I was in the mood for a Pinot Noir. I wanted something light to go with my dinner of pan seared salmon and spring mix salad. This wine is a 2008 vintage from New Zealand's South Island Otago region. Evidently, this is the premium wine producing area and is quite lovely according to the pictures I found online.

The wine was very...unmemorable. I couldn't identify the bouquet. I kept smelling it and trying to think of words to describe it. Things such as smoky, chocolaty, and yeasty came to mind. But even as I type them, I don't know that they are accurate.

I even tried it with a soy chocolate ice cream sandwich I had for dessert, thinking that maybe the chocolate would soften it a bit. But not so much…it continued to be peppery and tart.

The back label describes aromas of strawberry and raspberry with supple tannins along with dark black fruit. Uhm....maybe a mild dark, black fruit thing might be happening, but other than that I got nothing.

I can't say it was a bad wine, it just wasn't one that I will remember. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I haven't blogged on this before (yes, I see those double negatives).

Maybe if I paired it with the recommended beef or lamb (except I don't eat lamb) it probably would have made a nice difference.

On that boring note, I complete my blog.

For next week, I may blog on the wine my daughter recommended. I think I mentioned it before. It's Dr. Loosin's Reisling. She is quite the fan.

Until then....Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment