Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Russo


Tonight is going to be a quickie. It's late and I have a boatload of work to do.

But, I did make the time to polish off this lovely 2010 red wine from Frances Coppola wineries in Geyserville, California. It's was on sale for $9.99 (normally $12.99 at Fry's grocery store).

On the back label, it states something to the effect of "everyday wine for everyday life". That's quite catchy and accurate as I would drink it every day. It's a nice, easy drinking, unassuming wine. It would go well with red meat dishes as well as a nice stand alone. It's flavorful with lots of dark berry notes, easy lingering finish, gentle, peppery and without being overwhelming. Maybe a bit smoky, but not too much.

Rosso means red in Italian. As a red table wine, it's a nice blend of something. Although I'm not sure what grapes are involved, I know I like it.

This was a good pick.

Next Tuesday is wide open...Until then...Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment