Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I love CA!!


Again, I find myself at Fresh and Easy and saw this wine. It was only $4.99 and I considered it to be something along the lines of a "2 Buck Chuck" wanna-be. So, I bought it thinking it's only $5.00, it's not a big deal if I have to pour it down the drain.

You'll notice the words in the heart are fuzzy and difficult to read. Well, that's just the way my phone camera took it and actually, that's how it looks to me without my glasses. It reads the same as the back label, which basically states that I Love CA wine owner's mission is to produce a great tasting wine at a great price. They go on to state that they are producing from one of the most well known wine regions in the world - California, so the end product wasn't too hard to achieve.

This is the I Love CA Merlot. It was actually quite nice. Smooth, easy, and flavorful with notes of berries and chocolate. It has a gentle finish. I will buy it again. I think this is very drinkable and tastes like a much higher priced wine. It's definitely a stand alone, but I'm sure would go very well with the typical red wine beef dishes. I had it with chicken-veggie pizza and a spring mix salad and it was perfect.

The back label does not describe specifically where in California the grapes come from, only that they have "sourced the wine from some of the best vineyards in California". Whatever that means... they got it right.

I noticed I Love CA also has a Cabernet Sauvignon, and a Chardonnay. I will likely sample them all before the summer has started.

I mentioned I may blog on Dr. Loosens Reisling. Still haven't made it to the wine store for that one, but it's on my list of things to do.

I do have an exceptional wine event coming up. Im going to Flemings this weekend in Tyson's Corner in Virginia for a wine dinner. Flemings events are always filled with fabulous food and exceptional wines. I'll try to take some wine notes and blog on that on Sunday.

Until then....Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment