Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lovin San Diego

So, I took pictures of the bottles of wine that I was going to blog on tomorrow as a "prelude" to a blog, but unfortunately, Im using my dear friends laptop and it won't let me download my pictures.  I've been playing around with it for 10 minutes, it didn't work and I'm done.
So, unless I can figure it out - no visuals.
Tomorrows blog is going to be be on a Califorania wine from Rosenblum Cellars - Vintner's Cuvee.  $12.99 on sale for $8.99 at Albertsons.  Im looking forward to letting you know about it.
For tonight, Im blogging on the wine I had on the eternal flight to get here.
I booked my flight using JetBlue points, so I had to take whatever they had available, and in this case, it was from Dulles to Boston with a 2 hour layover, then on to San Diego. 
On the 5 hour and 15 minute flight from Boston to Dulles, I had 2 small airplane size plastic bottles of wine.  I'm guessing they are about 8 to 10 ounces each.  Well,  the first one I had was actually rather descent.  When I initially asked the flight attendant for a glass of red wine,  she gave me a Cabernet.  I remember enjoying it while I was reading my book.  I guess I was in some type of flyers coma, because I didn't take notes or anything.
As I mentioned, it was a 5 hour flight.  So at some point, I decided to have another glass of wine.  So, I asked again for a red wine.  This time, I got a Shiraz from France and it was not plesant. The label reads La Perle by Paul Sapin. Below that it states SHIRAZ Pays d'Oc (which is, evidently the region in France).   I must say, the only reason I drank it is because I didn't have anything else to drink.   It was rough from the time it touched my tongue until the lingering finish finally disloved.  The French need to stick with Syrah.
So tune in tomorrow for the verdict on Rosenblum cellars.  I will tell you now,  I  have already enjoyed it with my San Diego amigos this evening, but will save the verdict for tomorrow.
I normally don't use names in my blog, but tonight is an exception.  Bev, Marleen, Kendra, Kristie, Kelly and I have some nice things to say.  Dave, Michelle and Bruce were mere spectators in this game.
Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment