Thursday, July 21, 2011

Rosenblums

I still can't get the picture to download.  I surrender.
So, let me describe the bottle in a bit more detail.  Rosenblum Cellars is the most prominent thing on the label. It caught my eye because it's a California wine - and I'm in California at the momement - so yeah, it worked.
The label further reads -  Vintner's Cuvee, Cabernet Sauvignon California 2008.  On the back label it is noted to be a Sonoma Valley wine.
I've found that I enjoy blends.  They typically offer a pleasing experience.  I assumed this one was a blend, and still do after tasting it, but upon further examination of the bottle, it seems unclear.  A Cuvee is either a specific blend or batch.  Since the label lists Cabernet, it could be a specific batch of Cabernet, but it didn't have the full bodied taste of a cab - so I DONT KNOW!!
I like it when the back label provides serving recommendations.  I generally don't follow them, but I like to see what the winemaker recommends.  In this case, hearty pasta dishes, chicken or savory beef dishes were noted as good pairings.  We of course, had none of that, but instead ate it with home made pizzas off the grill.  I must say, if you've never experienced a grilled pizza, you're missing out on one of life's simple pleasures.
We all enjoyed this wine.  It was shared among 5 or 6 of us - so we each had only 1 small glass as I only purchased 1 bottle.
Everyone had relatively positive things to say.  Nice boquet, smooth finish etc.  One friend commented on how the wine changed on the palate.  I LOVE IT when that happens!  For me it started off rather tart, but ended smoothly.  She however, had the opposite experience, with it starting off smooth and ending a little peppery.  Her hubby, thought that it was just a bit too light, but he (like my own hubby) is a big red fan - they just love those full flavored Cabernets.  But, we all agreed that when we ate it with the pizza, the taste was very nice.
Obviously, this wine confused me a bit on whether or not it's a straight cab or blend.  Also, when I went to the website to try to find this particular wine, I couldn't find it.
I'm not really sure what all that means, other than it was a pretty good bottle of wine for less than $10.00.  Thats really the most important part anyway.
Moving, on.  Next week I'm on the road again.  My hubby and I are going to Maine.  I'm not sure if we will make it that far by Thursday evening, but I'm hopeful.  But wherever we are,  I will try to find a local wine and blog about it.
If not, there's always a California wine begging to be sampled.
Until then...Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment