Thursday, November 17, 2011

Blessings

Thursday snuck up on me this week. It's been quite a challenging few days. So, when I realized it was Thursday and I needed to blog about a wine, I decided I don't have the time or inclination to go retail searching for a label that catches my eye. Instead the plan was to just pick something pretty out of my wine rack and hope for something good. Actually, my hubby picked it. It's a W.B. Bridgman 2008 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine hails from Walla Walla, Washington. Evidently back in the early 1900's, W.B. was one of the first to introduce European wine grapes to Washington. I gotta say, he did a good job.

We served it with barbecued chicken, brown rice and a spring mix salad. The label recommends the typical red meat dishes, which of course we did not do.

The color is beautiful - deep and dark and it had a fruity-tart bouquet. When it first hit my tongue, I thought for a moment it was going to be peppery. But the flavor quickly turned in smooth, velvety, almost smokey lingering finish. I really liked it. My hubby purchased this recently at Total Wine, and guesses he spent between $15-$20.

This wine is a keeper. It would be a great gift as it's a nice looking label - classy, expensive looking. My phone broke so I can't take a picture of it.

All I wanted tonight was to taste a lovely, smooth, velvety wine and end my week (I'm off tomorrow) on a beautiful note. And that did occur. Actually it's occurring as I type sip on this wonderful wine. I named this blog "Blessings" because tonight, not only did I want a nice lovely wine to sit down with, but I wanted to count my blessings too. Like I said, it's been a rough week with many stressors that at times felt like circling wolves. But as I ponder all the wonderful family, friends, and love that I have in my life, I can sit back and sip my beautiful wine and know that those wolves are no match for me - they are like the buzzing of flies.

Next Thursday, I will be much more prepared and daring. I mentioned in a prior blog that maybe it's time to look at sparkling or champagne. I want to try one from either Spain or Greece. There's gotta be something out there.

Until then....Cheers and don't forget to count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment