Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It rhymes with "Shmawurzt-shmaraminer"


There is a movie entitled "Knocked Up" with Seth Rogen and Kathryn Heigl. At some point during the movie, Seth Rogan's friend is recommending a solution to a problem. Rather than just come out and say it, he adds a "Shma" to the word, preceeding it with, "It rhymes with". I find that method of "not" saying something particularly funny.

In this case, if you don't already get it. Tomorrows vino is a 2009 Paradise Peak Washington State Gewurztraminer that I purchased at Total Wine for $11.00.

According to the back label, "Gewurz" means spicy. I found that interesting as historically, spicy is not a word I would have used to describe a Gewurztraminer. But, I haven't had this type of wine in years, so maybe my palate has evolved enough to notice that. The serving recommendations are either Asian cuisine or light meat. So, of course I will serve it with something other than that.

According to the Google search I did, the name is obviously German, but the French have had the most success with this type of wine (I assume in terms of production and sales) but it actually originated in Italy.

I hate to say it, but I'm not really looking forward to drinking wine tomorrow. I've picked up a bit of a cold and am feeling poorly - so much so that I left work early yesterday and took off today. Sometimes when you have a cold, your sense of taste is dampened somewhat. But, maybe that spiciness will shine through and make me smile. We shall see.

Until tomorrow....Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Actually Kamkazie rolls might be really good with this wine. If it suggests Asian Japanese seems appropriate, no?
    SUSHI NIGHT!!

    ReplyDelete