Thursday, September 1, 2011

Petit Sirah from Hopper Creek





What an awesome shirt. I haven't even worn it yet, but I do have plans to wear it the next time I take my bike out on the W & OD.

Now to the wine. This 2006 Sirah is a lovely dark color. The label describes it as a "big inky wine". That's good verbiage. It goes on to further describe "mounds of fruit accompanied by substantial yet smooth tannins.....the soil is shallow and consists of Pleasanton Loam". I have never heard of Pleasanton Loam. Google time..... Nothing major, just the dirt or soil in that area.

Well after having tasted this inky wine, both my hubby and I agree that it is quite nice. It starts off very flavorful and fruity like the label indicated, but it finishes with a bit of a metallic taste - not overwhelmlingly so, but it is notable. It's not quite a stand alone, I think it does "crave food" a bit.

I do not remember how much this bottle cost. I tried to look it up, but was not able to locate it. I asked my hubby if he remembered how much it cost, and his response was "I think you got it for free, because you flashed your b---s!! My response, was "No, I did not in fact flash my b---s, I only took off my ---!! So there!! And I specifically remember it was not free, the shirt was free, we paid heavily for the wine.

As usual, I'm not serving it with the recommended dishes of either grilled steak, lamb and roast duck. Instead we are having "lechon asado" (roast pork) with black beans and rice. The pork is roasted until tender, then pan seared. The wine complimented it quite nicely. It didn't shatter any world records, but it was nice. Would I buy it again?? Well, maybe not. But I would still remove a specific piece of clothing to get the totally cool bicyclist shirt.
Until next week...CHEERS!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh surprise!
    Another night of roast at the Adams house.
    Sorry I missed it...

    ReplyDelete