Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blondie Blondie

The three of us sat down to dinner - My husband, my daughter and me.  My son was conspicuously absent - but no mind.  It left more wine for the three of us to sample.  We each had different opinions.  My husband loved it.  My daughter didn't care for it.  And I thought it was very nice.....not at all oaky.....nice finish.....but slightly overpriced. I  would totally buy it again - but only if it were on sale.
It's been an awesome week for the wines I'd say.
My Boston Qualifier donated a bottle of pinot grigio.  It's a 2009 Gnarly Head from California.  It's screamin to be blogged on.
Here's what the label has to say:  Kick back after a day of surfing (or any other gnarly activity)with this gnarly Pino Grigio.  This racy wine takes off with aromas of ginger and pineapple.  Crisp flavors of pears, apples and stone fruit flood the palate and the finish "kicks out" with style and grace.  It goes on to discuss how great this wine goes with anything ranging from a beach bonfire to impressing clients at cocktail hour.
Hmmmm... thats a big ticket to fill.  Although I have to stay, I'm a little concerned about stone fruit flooding my palate.  That doesn't sound like much fun.  But I'm open minded.  I'll google it to prepare myself for the onslaught.
I think I may have had a Gnarly Head wine, but not sure - so therefore its bloggable.
As always, I can't wait.  Stay tuned for more fun next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment