Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This is kinda sexy!!

So, Im strolling through Safeway trying to find some goat cheese to go with the grilled pineapple I was going to prepare with supper.  As a side note - my husband hated it, but ate it anyway.  I can't decide if he was really hungry or just didn't want to hurt my feelings.  We've been married over 25 years, so he probably wasn't too worried about my feelings.  Although he is usually a good sport when I place food in front of him that he hasn't tried.  I've been on a goat cheese kick lately and he has been quite tolerant.
Back to shopping.  I decided to take a look at the wines, which wasn't my original plan.  I wanted to go to World Market or Total Wine, but I just ran out of time today.  Sometimes life gets in the way of the wonderful plans I make.  Which is one of the reasons that  I often buy wine at Safeway.  It's just so convenient to shop there.  It's right by my house - literally 1 mile away and I'm there 2 to 3 times a week anyway.  The prices are ok, but if something is on sale then the price is as good as Total Wine.
I happened to glance at the top row and found this $19.99 bottle on sale for $10.99.  I thought the redhead on the label looked kinda sexy.  At the top, it reads "It's a Headsnapper".  I'm not sure what head it's referring to, but I was intrigued.  It's a 2009 Pinot Noir from Sonoma Coast and I do love my California wines.  According to the back label, and I quote..."When a wine is so memorable that it makes you do a double take, you know It's a HeadSnapper."  Well then, I can't wait to have my head snapped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment