Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good wine, wonderful art show and great shoes



Obviously I'm not complying with my original plan.  Technically, Gnarly should have been last week. I've been dragging it along for an additional week.  I'm embarssed to admit, time just got away from me.
In my defense, it was very easy to loose track of time due to the celebratory nature of my life recently.  So, I am attempting to remedy that with tonights blog.
The wines I referenced on last nights blog were all from last week.  The weekend however, was quite interesting as well and is definitely blogworthy.
My daughter had an art show at Veramar Winery.  It was the perfect setting.  We sat on the patio and had a beautiful view of the vineyards and farm fields.  The wine was actually very nice.  We primarily enjoyed the Riesling which was nice and fun and not too sweet.  Well, let me just say we bought the first bottle (but definitely not the last) at noon and stayed there until 5pm.  There was a continual flow of friends who came to see Kristie, and of course the wine flowed as well - as it should've - we were at a winery after all!
Anyway, at some point I became enamored with my foot.  Or more specifically, my shoes.  I personally think they are so completely cool.  They are a pink cheetah design and one of my favorites.  I bought them years ago, but have never worn them as I had a hard time finding something to match them with.  But, my daughter shines through again and found the perfect blouse at New York and Company.  So, the picture reflects my love of my shoes and my daughters beautiful artwork in the background.  What a great match.  I do feel the need to note upon close inspection of this picture, my calf looks quite large and I can assure you this is not the case.  My calf is quite nice.
So wine lovers.  The next time you're in search of a fun winery, try Veramar.  They have some great whites and decent reds.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment