Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wow, this was really nice.

Im not sure if it was the company - we had a very special friend over for dinner.  I'm not sure if it was the food, or if it was a combination of both good food and good company, but I have to say that this wine was very nice.
The label on the bottle indicates the wine goes especially well with pork, seafood and pasta. So of course I served it with steak and a salad. The steaks were big, fat, juicy T-bones.  I call them dinosaur steaks because of their size.  The salad was spring mix and baby spinach with celery, sugar snap peas and green bell pepper with an olive oil and balsamic dressing - it was magnificent.    The wine had a beautiful bouquet, and a lovely splash on the palate.  I liked it immediately.
My husband poured the first glass and took a sip before he handed it to me. He said "hmmm...this is ecclectic".  That was actually a great descriptive word for this wine.  It has a lot going on.  It's very flavorful, and did have notes of cranberry as the label suggested.  So I tasted it at that moment as my daughter previously suggested, with no other food or drink and it was gentle on my tongue.  Then later, with the meal, I noted that the wine was truly enhanced by the steak. It really made a difference.  It tasted smoother, silkier.
I'm really sad to say that at some point during the evening - we finished the wine.  So, now I cant speak to the staying power.  It may or may not be just as good in a few days.  I'm guessing that it would be.   So hats off to the sexy red head.  I liked having my head snapped.  I'd do it again...and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment