Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Blondie night!!

The Blondie is chilling in the frig as I type.  I plan to serve it tonight with chicken.  I'm really looking forward it.  A few stats on this one - $24.99 at Total Wine.  2009 Chardonnay from Red Hen Vineyard, Oak Knoll District of Napa Valley.  The wine was stainless steel tank fermented, then rested in French Oak for 3 months before bottling. So I'm guessing it shouldn't be too "oaky".   Only 235 cases of this wine were produced.   Hmmm...interesting.
As I noted previously, this week is dedicated to Mr Boston Qualifier.  This is a good week for him so far.  The Prosecco was spectacular and the Blondie has good reviews. I have very high expectations.
I took a moment to re-read the prior blogs that I posted and I'm noticing that so far Im 3 of 3. I pretty much like everything - at least in varying degrees.  I guess you could say that I'm a friend to all wines.  I think that almost every bottle has a place somewhere.
Looking back to my wine evolution, there have been very few wines I've walked away from.  I've only poured a few down the drain - which was not pleasant.   It could almost be referred to as reverse alcohol abuse.   At any rate, one of the worst in my memory was a South African wine that we tried to share with some friends.  We opened it, tasted it, cringed and decided to let it breathe for a bit.  We came back hours later - only to find it was as bad or worse than it was initially.
Thus far, I believe that has been my only experience with South African.  Maybe I try one for next week. I'll keep my eye out for a nice lable.  So far that philosophy is working out quite nicely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment