Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mionetto Prosecco and Ideology Blondie Chardonnay

These are the 2 that I chose for the week.  On the left is a 2009 Blondie Chardonnay and the right is Mionetto Prosecco.  Actually my husband picked the Blondie - definitely can't wait to try that tomorrow.  But for today.  I am so in love with Mioneeto Prosecco.  We got it at Total Wine for $12.99.  It's a cute, short, fat bottle with a pop off top similar to a beer bottle.
I'm not sure why this particular label caught my eye, but it did.  It just seemed short and sweet.  I like that - it reminds me of me.
Prosecco, as you may know is Italy's version of champagne.  Prosecco is not a wine, but a precise wine growing region in Italy.  If it's not from there, it can't be called Prosecco - instead it's referred to as Italian table wine (how boring).
This particular bottle specifically states:  Prosecco "The" Gentle-Sparkling wine.  And it sooooo is.
My husband, daughter, a dear friend and I went to a lovely Italian place this past weekend and had a fabulous Prosecco with an antipasto platter.  The name of it escapes me - it started with an M, but we all commented on how bubbly it was.  This Prosecco is not that bubbly.  It's lovely.  I served it with pork roast and rice, and it was perfect.  We finished with banana cream pie.  OMG - have I died and gone to heaven?  I think so.
I believe that my unbridled joy is in part due to the fact that I'm off work for the next several weeks and my husband has just recently retired.   So, I find myself on this TUESDAY, when I theoretically should be at work and I was out SHOPPING with my hubby for most of the day (although I did have to take several sitting rest breaks) and then spent the afternoon sitting on my deck sampling this lovely Prosecco while my husband prepared a lovely supper.
It was so wonderful, I almost felt like I was doing something wrong.  Key word, almost.
Let me just finish by saying this beautiful, simple Prosecco is a must have for anyone who enjoys a sparkling wine.  I will forever keep a bottle of this cutie pie in my wine rack.
So stay tuned for tomorrow's Ideology Blondie - a 2009 Chardonnay from Napa Valley.  As we were strolling through Total Wine with this Blondie bottle in our cart, one of the Total Wine reps actually stopped talking to the person he was assisting and told us,  "You are going to absolutely love that wine".
I have to say, Im sipping the last of the Prosecco as I'm blogging.  The bottle is now empty and.....I'm sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment